Job Description for Natcor Tournament Controllers
1. Oversee and facilitate the smooth running of the tournament in accordance with ICCF playing rules, Natcor General Rules and Individual Tournament Rules as applicable.
2. Promote your tournament and encourage entries regularly via En Passant and the web site.
3. Register details of entrants and provide pairings as quickly as possible.
4. Endeavour to match opponents according to playing strength and preferred method of play.
5. Issue pairing notices promptly, providing at least 10 days’ notice of starting date where applicable.
6. Acknowledge reported results promptly.
7. Report results and pairings to the Webmaster as they occur.
8. Provide a comprehensive update for inclusion in En Passant as near to the next sumission deadline as practicable (inform EP Editor if there is nothing to update).
9. Inform the Trophy Officer promptly when prizes are required.
10. Appoint adjudicators for unfinished games.
11. Encourage players to resolve disputes between themselves.
12. Adjudicate on unresolved disputes with reference to the Committee if required.
13. Where the Controller is involved in a dispute or a claim refer the matter directly to the Committee.
14. Keep all parties informed of progress on disputes and claims.
15. Upon request from the Secretary provide a detailed report on the tournament during the year for the AGM.